Make a real difference in the lives of the people in the Foothills. We are expanding our team and invite you to submit your application for a start as soon as July 14, 2020. Applicants should read the following notes and follow instructions given.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Description: You are joining our team as an administrative and clinical assistant to begin with with a path to further training in optical dispensing. Your duties will include:
- Answering phones, managing messages and mail, and greeting people.
- Operating diagnostic equipment and manual testing precisely, and then accurately enter this data into a computer database.
- Assist with scheduling and document management (scanning and filing of paper documents).
- Follow all safety / cleanliness protocols.
- General cleaning.
Job Requirements: We are an equal opportunity employer who prefers to hire locally. The successful candidate will
- Have no fear of computers. Decent typing skills preferred. Experience with Windows and MS Office a definite asset.
- Have an excellent demeanour, be kind and patient, and love working with people.
- Be able to learn and take guidance from the team. No prior experience is necessary – we are more interested in the right personality and an eagerness to learn.
- Be able to work 9-5PM 3-5 days per week, and have a long-term goal of working in our clinic.
- Be able to attend training prior to starting.
- Be willing to accept a 3-month probationary period.
- The clinic is just a great place to work with a wonderful helping and welcoming atmosphere.
- You will be amazed at the difference we/you make in people’s lives.
- You are learning marketable skills while working in a high-tech healthcare setting.
- Great optical benefits for you and your family after the probationary period.
- Starting wage: $16/h with a bump after probation.
- Bonus with increased involvement and advancement in training.
To Apply: If you feel this is a good place for you, we invite you to submit your resumé to us by email (email@example.com) or simply drop it by the clinic during regular hours. (We re-open July 2). Include with your resumé a cover letter explaining why this is a good fit for you and why you just might be the best candidate. Applications will be accepted until we find the right candidate.