We are pleased to bring advanced eye care to Black Diamond, Turner Valley, and the Foothills. We are committed to providing the best in professional service and products at fair prices. If you feel that you or someone you know needs eye care or glasses but are not sure if you can afford it or can’t get to it, chances are we can help. Don’t hesitate to call.
Charles Boulet, BSc, BEd, OD
Practicing Family and Developmental Optometry / Public and Professional Educator
Dr. Boulet’s experience is varied and includes degrees in neuropsychology and education from the University of Alberta/Faculte St. Jean, and a doctorate in optometry from Pacific University in Oregon. He holds a number of industry certificates in electronics, database management, operating systems and networking. His career as an educator began in 1990 teaching high school sciences in public schools, then went on to work in Information Technology-related fields as a consultant/trainer in communities across the Northwest Territories.
He continues to write for education and is working on a manual on instruction and learning for parents. In clinic, he provides advanced eye care for people across the Alberta Foothills, including
- Ocular health and vision examinations.
- Management of ocular diseases, such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, cataracts.
- Pre- and post-surgical care for procedures such as LASIK/PRK, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, droopy eyelids (blepharoplasty).
- Specification of corrective eyewear such as contact lenses, general use glasses, specialty glasses and magnifiers, low vision aids, safety eyeware, and orthoptics (corrective eyewear and therapy for visual disturbances).
- Management of learning difficulties. See LearningManagement.ca for details.
- Visual efficiency consulting. (Aids to professionals who need to maximize their reading and/or visual awareness and skills.)
Dr. Boulet believes that serving the community means that all people who need care should have access to it, so he created a remote on-location eye-care service, www.on-sight.ca, that serves the elderly and disabled, in addition to industry operating in remote locations.
Dr. Boulet oversees all aspects of operations for Diamond Valley Vision Care and believes in providing only the best products and service. If ever you have unanswered questions or concerns about our products or services, he will attend to it personally.